The mission of the ABAC is to foster an interest
in rare and antiquarian books, and related material;
to provide booksellers with a forum of association with colleagues;
to provide buyers with books and sources of books, and to uphold
the highest professional and ethical standards.
To that end, the ABAC and its members will:
- Establish and further friendly co-operation amongst antiquarian booksellers in Canada and abroad.
- Stimulate interest in collecting books by private individuals and public institutions.
- Uphold the status of the antiquarian book trade and maintain its high professional standards, and assure the public that they have recourse in the event of a dispute with a Member of the Association.
- Promote the advancement of the technical and general knowledge of those engaged in the book trade.
- Act on behalf of the antiquarian book trade when individual action would be less likely to succeed.
- Benefit the trade as a whole by sponsoring co-operative exhibitions, and by supporting the publication of materials relevant to the book trade
- Collect funds to be used for the specific and general purpose of this Association.